- Y. Gomaa, “Adoption in Islam: Not in My House,” altmuslimah.com, April 4, 2013, at altmuslimah.com/b/mca/4778
- Muslim Women’s Shura Council, “Adoption and the Care of Orphan Children: Islam and the Best Interests of the Child”, 2011, at http://www.wisemuslimwomen.org/images/activism/Adoption_(August_2011)_Final.pdf
- I. Mattson, “Adoption and Fostering,” in Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures: Family, Law and Politics. Brill, 2005, at http://books.google.com/books?id=4Uyypm6T7ZsC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false, pages 1-3.
- C. England, “Foster Care,” Azizah Magazine, reproduced at http://www.brycs.org/documents/upload/fostercare.pdf
- K. Latif, “Adoption, Fostering, and the World’s Forgotten Children,” Huffington Post, at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/imam-khalid-latif/ramadan-reflection-day-18_b_3660550.html